9/9/11

"Bobcat Goldthwait Talks Stand-Up and GOD BLESS AMERICA"



SanDiego.com has an interview with Bobcat Goldthwait about God Bless America, the stand up comedy boom of the 80s and how if you're in a fight with "Bobcat Goldthwait" on Twitter, you're in a fight with a fake version of him.

What can you tell me about God Bless America?
Bobcat Goldthwait: It’s funny, the other day I showed it to my friends and I was really surprised that they were all kind of shocked by it. I think people think it’s a vigilante movie where this character goes out and starts killing reality stars. I mean that's a little part of it, but it’s also kind of about where are we going and the culture and basically the dumbest members of our society. Sometimes when I hear myself giving interviews I want to punch myself in the throat, because I’m like, ‘Really, this is the dude from Police Academy pontificating about where are we going as a society, blah, blah, blah.’

Well, I think a lot of people often forget how young you were when you filmed the Police Academy movies.
BG: Yeah, I was in my early 20’s when I did those movies, but I really didn’t know I’d be talking about this for the rest of my life, I think I probably would’ve worked harder.

[....]

What actors are you working with in God Bless America?
BG: It’s funny that we’re talking about Scrooged, because Joel Murray, who’s Bill’s brother is in it; Joel’s a very talented actor. The rest of the cast are people that we either found or are my friends. The young girl in the movie is named Tara Lynn Barr and she has been on a bunch of Disney shows, but I don’t think they’ll have her back on after this movie.
Make sure to click through for the rest of the interview.

God Bless America premieres tonight at Midnight Madness!

Fri., Sept. 9th, 11:59PM, RYERSON
Sun., Sept. 11th, 1:30PM, AMC 6
Fri., Sept. 16th, 6:30PM, AMC 7


No comments:

Post a Comment